The Book of Enoch, like the Book of Daniel, was composed partially in Aramaic and partially in Hebrew. The book itself is said to be written by Enoch himself, before the Biblical Flood, but there is no way to substantiate the authorship of the book, for this reason in part it is disputed within the church.The first part of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the Nephilim in Genesis 6 and Jude.
The remainder of the book describes Enoch's visits to heaven in the form of travels, visions and dreams, and his revelations. The symbols of darkness in the book refer to a myriad of encounters with fallen Angels and mankind, ranging from sex with woman, to teaching man about astrology, science, building etc.
The point is, that all the advances of man are considered in our best interest, but the realities are that they are all destructive both physically and spiritually. So much so that the planet is lost because of mans inconsideration to the planet ad resources of the earth.
Revelation 21:1 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea”.
There is a reason so many people have died in the quest for knowledge of science and health, there is a reason side effects of treatments are worse than the problems they are intended to address, a reason men torture and experiment on their fellow man. Once the proverbial curiosity in man is pricked, he cannot and will not stop his pursuit of knowledge.
Then of course the natural inclinations of man for power, greed and control subjugates the people. The rich against the poor….all inspired and fired up by the curtesy of Demons, this in no small part is the evidence of the perpetual darkness man experiences.
What connects scripture with Enoch is first section of the book of Enoch which describes the interaction of the fallen angels with mankind.
Enoch 7:9-14 vs Genesis 6:1-4
9. These are the names of their chiefs: Samyaza, who was their leader, Urakabarameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Saraknyal, Asael, Armers, Batraal, Anane, Zavebe, Samsaveel, Ertael, Turel, Yomyael, Arazyal. These were the prefects of the two hundred angels, and the remainder were all with them.
10. Then they took wives, each choosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees.
11. And the women conceiving brought forth giants,
12. Whose stature was each three hundred cubits (450 feet). These devoured all which the labour of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
13. When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;14. And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
These same fallen angels or demons, committed other abominations against men by teaching man some of the secret things of God, as in alchemy and astrology as recorded in the book of Enoch.
1, Moreover Azazyel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and of all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered.
2. Impiety increased; fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways.
3. Amazarak taught all the sorcerers, and dividers of roots:
4. Armers taught the solution of sorcery;
5. Barkayal taught the observers of the stars;
6. Akibeel taught signs;
7. Tamiel taught astronomy;
8. And Asaradel taught the motion of the moon.
9. And men, being destroyed, cried out; and their voice reached to heaven.
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.”
And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath.
2 Peter 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;